From high school to professional practice
The field of pharmacy science is broad, challenging and potentially lucrative.
While entry to courses and the profession is competitive, there is ample opportunity for those with talent and commitment.
The five key steps:
- Study chemistry, mathematics, and other appropriate courses in high school (check with universities for course pre-requisites) .
- Obtain your Pharmacy degree from one of the many courses available in Australia. This can take up to six years.
- Pass the Pharmacy Board of Australia registration requirements.
- Participate in an internship under the direction of a registered pharmacist to become qualified to practice pharmacy.
- Continue your professional education through periodic refresher courses as required by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.