Accreditation of CPD
Under the auspices of the Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) the PSA may accredit continuing professional development (CPD) for pharmacists.
The accreditation of CPD activities provides an assurance to pharmacists that an activity has been reviewed for its educational quality and for its relevance to a pharmacist’s practice.
All enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CPD providers’ responsibilities
CPD providers have a responsibility to:
- Ensure their activity meets the standards for accreditation
- Promote and deliver the activity appropriately
- Maintain and submit records of participation
- Submit an evaluation summary
- Maintain suitable records for activity audit.
A CPD provider cannot advertise their activity as accredited until they receive their final notification letter. They can however advertise as “seeking accreditation” or “currently applying for accreditation”.
The accreditation process
It can take up to 4 weeks (or 2 weeks with fast track) to process an application, provided all documentation is complete and the activity meets the APC Accreditation Standards. The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- Completed application form
- Copies of ALL CPD Presenter/Author Briefs (signed by author/speaker)
- Author bio/CV
- Copies of FINAL presentations/articles complete with learning objectives and competencies
- Copies of ALL assessment mechanisms e.g. multiple choice questions
- Copy of evaluation form
Additional materials required for 2 or 3 day activities:
- Completed PSA CPD accreditation conference form
- Copy of final program
Application forms and information
Conference Accreditation Form V1.0 (195.7 KiB)
CPD Accreditation Application Form V7.0 (182.7 KiB)
CPD Accreditation Application Guide V4.0 (575.0 KiB)
Deviation From Accreditation Form V3.0 (164.0 KiB)
Evaluation Form Template V4.0 (38.4 KiB)
Presenter Author Brief V7.0 (166.2 KiB)
Re-accreditation Checklist And Declaration V2.0 (167.3 KiB)
APC Accreditation Standards July 2013(1) (121.3 KiB)
How To Write Multiple-choice-questions (148.0 KiB)