PSA Intern Training
PSA Intern Training puts you a step ahead.
Now you can complete the program and receive a Graduate Certificate in Applied Pharmacy Practice (10448NAT).
With more than 20 years of experience, PSA has the expertise to deliver an intern training program to suit your needs and to give you the skills to maximise your career opportunities. We continually refine our curriculum to ensure we deliver an innovative and up to date program designed to reflect current pharmacy practice.
Whether you are a hospital, or community based intern, PSA Intern Training delivers managerial, clinical, practical, and evidence-based knowledge and skills for you and your workplace.
If you are an international student seeking sponsorship, PSA can sponsor you as we are an approved Training and Research Sponsor. See the Sponsorship of international interns page.
Reasons to enrol with PSA
You will receive a nationally accredited Graduate Certificate in Applied Pharmacy Practice (10448NAT) upon program completion to better position you for a career in pharmacy.
- Study now, pay later with VET FEE-HELP* and pay no up-front course fees (plus don’t forget your fees are tax deductible!)
- Help to pass your Pharmacy Board exams with written and oral exam preparation
- Fast track the program in as little as six months so you can focus on your exams**
- Flexible learning – modules are structured into manageable time chunks to fit your busy schedule
- Tailored support from an experienced local coordinator
- Includes access to PSA online CPD, Self Care, Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG) and eMIMS
* for eligible participants: 20% loan fee may apply
** excludes workplace appraisals linked to supervised practice period of 1824 hours
They have really helped me to broaden my professional knowledge and understanding in a number of key practice areas. My preceptor, other pharmacists at work and customers have, several times, given me very positive feedback on my application of clinical knowledge, clinical judgement and
thoroughness of customer counselling and interactions.” JL
Future study opportunities
Upon the completion of your PSA Intern Training Program, you can continue on to the Graduate Diploma in Applied Pharmacy Practice (10373NAT) or Diploma of Management (BSB51107). Find out more by contacting your PSA Branch at 1300 369 772 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more!
Downloads and resources
- Intern training information flyer
- PSA Intern Training Program Agreement
- Enter the workforce with a postgraduate qualification
- PSA Learning Portal for interns and preceptors
- Pharmacy careers guide (also available below as a Flipbook)
Links to external sites
- Register for provisional registration and supervised practice (Pharmacy Board of Australia)
- Guild insurance offers FREE professional liability insurance for interns
Pharmacy careers guide