Intern Pharmacist of the Year Awards
The PSA Intern Pharmacist of the Year Awards recognise intern pharmacists who are showing outstanding performance in their development as professional pharmacists and are role models amongst early career pharmacists.
Nominees are judged on their achievement in:
- Pharmacy leadership
- Commitment to patient care and the safe use of medicines
- Initiative in pharmacy service delivery
- Peer and professional engagement.
State and territory winners vie each year for the coveted title of the PSA National Intern Pharmacist of the Year, announced at the PSA national conference.
MIMS Australia is the exclusive partner of these awards at state, territory and national levels and will be contributing the prizes:
- State/Territory Intern Pharmacist of the Year: $2,000 for continuing education to attend the PSA national conference (includes conference registration, travel and accommodation)
- National Intern Pharmacist of the Year: $4,000 towards attending any pharmacy or educational conference approved by the PSA.
2016 State Winners
ACT: Hayley Young
NSW: Kerry Watts
Qld: Liam Mendiolea
SA/NT: Nicholas Ikonomos.
Tas: Hannah Doody
Victoria: Xavier Agostino
WA: Joseph Foster – National Winner
our vision: Improving health through excellence in the practice of pharmacy