Call for abstracts
The PSA16 Organising Committee invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the PSA16: Leading Pharmacy Innovation National Conference.
Submitting an Abstract
Abstracts must be submitted online as Microsoft Word documents only (.doc version is preferred, however .docx is acceptable), using a specific format – an abstract template is available online and must be used for all abstracts submitted. Abstracts should be a minimum of 250 words, and no longer than 300 words.
Abstracts should be structured with the following headings.
Abstracts may be submitted for the following presentation types:
- 15 minute oral presentation (including 5 minutes question time)
- Digital poster display
The PSA16 Program Committee is particularly interested in receiving submissions from practitioners who wish to share vital information that could help improve the practice of pharmacy, without necessarily having undertaken structured research activities.
- All session and poster presenters must register and pay to attend at least the full day of their presentation / poster.
- Submission of abstracts implies the author’s agreement to publish their abstract in the final Conference Program Handbook.
- Successful abstracts must be presented by the author/s or a nominated co-author.
- Acceptance of abstracts does not imply any payment from the Conference Committee. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Conference.
- Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Program Committee whose decision is final.
Extended deadline: Abstracts must be submitted by 5.00pm 31 May 2016
- Abstract submissions deadline – 15 May 2016 (31 May Round 2 deadline)
- Authors advised of submission outcome -27 May 2016 (or 9 June for Round 2)
- Early bird registration closes – 12 June 2016
- Confirmation by presenters and conference registration due – 12 June 2016
- Digital poster PowerPoint presentations due – 8 July 2016
- Conference – 29 to 31 July 2016
Accepted Abstracts – Presentation Guidelines
- Oral presentations will be 10 minutes in duration plus 5 minutes discussion.
- Presentations may provide a PowerPoint.
- Presentations must be checked by the presenter with the audio-visual technician in the speakers preparation room as soon as possible after registering at the Conference venue.
- Presenters should arrive at their session room, introduce themselves to the chairperson and familiarise themselves with the audio-visual facilities including checking their presentation at least 10 minutes prior to session commencement.
Digital Poster Presentations
- PSA16 will showcase poster presentations via a custom built interactive PSA16 Digital Posters website. If you poster is selected for display, you will receive further instructions including a PowerPoint template.
PSA16 abstract template (99.5 KiB)