Customer services policy
The policy below relates to the sale of goods and services by PSA.
For our policy on payment of membership fees by direct debit, see our Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
1. Country of domicile
Pharmaceutical Society of Australia Ltd (PSA) is an Australian public company which is limited by guarantee. The National Office is located in the Australian Capital Territory.
2. Currency used in transactions
All transactions are completed using Australian Dollars (AUD$) and through the Australian banking system.
International transactions are processed using the Westpac Banking Corporation Current Exchange Rate Tables valid on the day of processing.
3. Goods and Services Tax
Goods and Services Tax is applied to all PSA transactions in accordance with Australian Tax Office requirements.
All prices include Goods and Services Tax unless otherwise stated.
4. Price changes
PSA reserves the right to changes prices and freight charges at any time. Price and freight charge changes are not retrospective.
PSA requires full payment of the order before items are shipped (unless otherwise agreed by all parties involved). The following payment methods are accepted:
Preferred: Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Other options: Electronic Funds Transfer, cash (cash is only taken over the counter at PSA premises or at a conference), cheque
Orders are dispatched through Australia Post and will be shipped within 3-5 working days, with an expected delivery of up to 10-14 days after that (depending on the location the order is being shipped to). Startrack Express is used to ship bulk items.
All deliveries must be signed for. Where no one is home to receive the delivery a notice advising of the missed delivery will be left and the parcel will be redirected to the local Post Office or Startrack Express depot.
Freight for small parcels is charged at a flat fee of $12 for the first item and $3 per item thereafter, irrespective of the weight and size of the item. Costs are determined for bulk deliveries on a case by case in consultation with the customer. Quotes are available on request.
The delivery method and charge will be discussed with the customer prior to completing the purchase. All items will be shipped by the method agreed. Delivery may take up to 30 working days after the payment has been received (timing will depend on the delivery mode adopted and delays in customs and excise procedures).
- Damaged Item on Delivery: Please notify PSA immediately on discovery. PSA will arrange for the return and replacement of the item free of charge.
- Wrong Item Delivered: Please notify PSA immediately on discovery. PSA will arrange for the return and replacement of the item free of charge. The goods must be returned in a saleable condition and not have been used.
- No Fault Return (e.g. wrong item ordered, not what you wanted etc.) PSA will accept the return. A restocking fee will be charged. Postage will be at the customer’s expense. The goods must be returned in a saleable condition and not have been used.
- Refunds will be completed using the same payment method as the original order (for example a purchase made on a credit card will be refunded to the same credit card). Alternatively, a store credit can be placed arranged to be used in the next transaction. A full refund/credit is applied if the customer cancels the order before shipment. No refunds are available on international purchases or on items on sale (a reduced price), unless returned due to damage or are faulty.
- A minimum number of registrants must be achieved for each PSA event. Registrants will be advised in due time and registration fees refunded if an event does not proceed.
- Cancellations received up to five (5) working days before the seminar are refundable, minus a $25 (inclusive of GST) registration service charge. After that cancellations are subject to the entire seminar fee. You may substitute for an alternative CPD event up to the equivalent registration fee, within the same calendar year.
- If you do not cancel and do not attend you are still subject to the entire fee.
PSA products are generally not subject to Australian export restrictions. Australian Government regulations may prohibit export to some countries. For more information refer to the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. PSA does not export dangerous or restricted items to other countries.
The country of receipt may have import restrictions, customs requirements and/or duties on arrival. It is the customer’s responsibility to research and make arrangements for receipt of the goods in these circumstances.
PSA also retains a log of your Internet IP Address when accessing the web site and when you place an order. These logs are retained for maintaining security of our web site and to generate statistics on web site traffic to help PSA improve its services.
PSA will not under any circumstances release personal details to any third parties, except when there is a commercial agreement with a third party to provide our services to you or where required to do so by law. Personal data is strictly maintained and protected.
PSA staff will never ask you to reveal your password and you must not share your password with others. If your password is lost or stolen, you can reset your password on our web site by supplying your email address.