Community service support
Frequently asked questions
What is this program?
The Community Service Support Pharmacy Practice Incentive Program will reimburse pharmacies for providing at least two of five nominated pharmacy services that support the safety and health of the community.
These may be either:
- Needle and Syringe Program
- Opioid Substitution Program
- Return Unwanted Medicines
- Staff Training
What do I need to do to deliver this program?
Your pharmacy must meet 5CPA requirements to be eligible to provide this program. They include:
- Be a section 90 pharmacy.
- Be accredited by a pharmacy accreditation program e.g. QCPP.
- Display and comply with the Community Pharmacy Service Charter
- Register as a provider of this Pharmacy Practice Incentive Program
How will I be paid?
Payment is a flat rate and paid annually by Medicare Australia.
Further information is provided in the program-specific guidelines.
How do I claim for providing this service?
Maintain pharmacy accreditation and meet requirements related to this service. See Community Service Support Factsheet.