Government Subsidised Training
Government Subsidised Training:
Pharmacy owners to win with new wage subsidies
Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements
The Australian Government has announced the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy to support employers and Group Training Organisations to take on new apprentices and trainees.
The Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements measure aims to support employers to take on new apprentices and trainees to build a pipeline of skilled workers to support sustained economic recovery.
Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements is in addition to other payments available to employers under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program.
To assist with the recovery from the impact of COVID-19, the Australian Government is providing support to all employers who engage a new Australian Apprentice.
The Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy does not apply if your employee is on the JobKeeper payment scheme.
How can this support your pharmacy?
- Upskill your current employees to boost productivity within your pharmacy whilst being able to claim up to $7,000 per quarter on their wages
- Reward your current employees with professional development
- PSA training meets Quality Care Pharmacy Program (QCPP) standards
- Receive up to $4,000 additional in federal incentives for new worker trainees.
Is your business eligible?
Your business may be eligible if:
- You engage an Australian Apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 30 September 2021, and
- Your Australian Apprentice or trainee is undertaking a Certificate II or higher qualification, such as PSA’s Certificate III in Community Pharmacy qualification, and has a training contract that is formally approved by the state training authority.
How much is the subsidy?
- Eligible employers will receive a wage subsidy of up to 50 per cent of the Australian Apprentice’s gross wage paid
- The wage subsidy is available for a maximum of $7,000 per quarter per eligible Australian Apprentice
- The subsidy is available for wages paid from 5 October 2020 to 30 September 2021.
Anything else you should know?
- The subsidy is available to employers of any size, industry or geographic location
- The subsidy is capped at 100,000 places
- The subsidy is not available for any apprentice receiving any other form of Australian Government wage subsidy e.g. Supporting Apprentices and Trainees or Job Keeper
- Payments will be made quarterly in arrears, with first claims for the subsidy available from 1 January 2021
- Final claims for payment must be lodged by 31 December 2021.
How can you apply or find out more?
For further information on how to apply for the subsidy, including information on eligibility, contact an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network provider.
Process for sign up and enrolment
- Contact Australia Apprenticeship Support Network
- Nominate PSA as your training organisation
- Talk to PSA about eligible RTO accredited courses
- Complete PSA enrolment forms
- Begin training
PSA will support pharmacy owners and potential learners with this process.
Certificate III in Community Pharmacy – SIR30116
PSA can support your pharmacy assistant trainees to complete PSA’s certificate III in Community Pharmacy. Your organisation can benefit from pharmacy assistants trained in essential S2S3 competencies supporting the supply of medicines, supply procedures, key legal requirements and industry guidelines, customer needs assessment and understanding common medicine categories.
- This course is ideal for Pharmacy Assistants
- The course builds understanding and, application of pharmacy protocols with regards to scheduledmedicines and identifying customer needs
- 19 units of competency delivered online, self-paced learning, with workplace activities to supportlearning
- The course provides recognition of prior learning toward the Dispensary Course; only 4 additionalunits are required to achieve dispensary competency
- The course supports your pharmacy’s QCPP compliance requirements
- Reward your staff’s support throughout the COVID pandemic with funded training
- This course is offered through state government funding initiatives to subsidise training costs.
Why choose PSA for training?
As the peak national body for pharmacists in Australia, the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) proudly represents Australia’s 32,000 pharmacists working in all sectors and locations.
- Provides high quality continuing professional development, education and practice support to pharmacists, including over 240,000 assessments last year
- Offers brand new interactive learning modules designed by PSA pharmacists to support learner completions
- Has a dedicated team of pharmacist trainers to assist learners through training programs
- Provides pathways for learners to continue training in pharmacy industry
- Offers affordable options for government subsidised places
- Develops and advocates for practice standards and guidelines
- Represents pharmacists as frontline health professionals.
PSA is committed to improving our nation’s health through excellence in pharmacist care.
Call PSA now to take advantage of this opportunity:
Amy Jones, PSA RTO Manager
Ph: 1300 369 772