Ethics advisory service
The PSA’s new ethics advisory service is free and confidential.
- Do you have an ethical dilemma?
- Are you experiencing problems, or are you confused about issues in your professional practice?
- Are you uncertain if a matter is notifiable?
The PSA has set up the first ethics advisory service for its pharmacist members. This free service is designed to help and support pharmacist facing ethical dilemmas in their professional practice.
It operates alongside existing services provide by other organisations, details of which are below.
- is open to all PSA members
- is based on PSA’s Code of Ethics for Pharmacists, which has been endorsed by the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- is completely confidential
- can accept inquiries or complaints on a wide range of ethical issues
- provides tailored advice, so cannot accept anonymous inquiries or complaints
- is provided by an expert Ethics Advisory Panel. All inquiries are deidentified prior to submission to the panel.
Other organisations and services
- Pharmacy Board of Australia for notifications, complaints, investigations and disciplinary matters
- Pharmacists’ Support Service for issues around work-related stress, trauma, personal or professional concerns
- For community pharmacy employment information:
- Pharmaceutical Defence Limited for once-off legal advice on any matter of concern and/or peer-support when an incident occurs and is reported
The following organisations provide services for their members:
- Professionals Australia
- The Pharmacy Guild of Australia
- The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia