First Aid and CPR
To support your First Aid and CPR learning needs, we’ve teamed up with Australia Wide First Aid to ensure you have access Nationally Recognised Training Courses, available across Australia.
Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) & Provide CPR (HLTAID001) are pre-requisites for our Immunisation Training (APPIMM806 – Manage the delivery and administration of injections and immunisations).
Australia Wide First offers courses tailored to Healthcare Professionals. CPD Credits will vary with suppliers but you can claim 2, group 2 CPD Credits per hour of education as a non-accredited program. Once they’ve been issued with the relevant qualification, PSA Members can self-record these CPD credits and evidence, using PSA’s member-only CPD planning tool.
Explore First Aid and CPR workshops in your location by clicking on the provider links below:
Australia Wide First Aid is a nationally recognised training organisation (RTO No. 31961), providing innovative and accredited First Aid Training in locations around Australia since 1996.
When you partner with Australia Wide First Aid for your training, you have the support of one of Australia’s most trusted First Aid training providers. Blending online and face-to-face training, we deliver up-to-the minute First Aid skills that are 100% in-line with the Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR). Our First Aid trainers are second to none, continually exceeding VET Quality Framework compliance standards.
Learning Objectives covered:
- Assess an emergency situation
- Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious casualty
- Administer first aid for minor wounds and apply infection control procedures
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding, suffering from shock, burns, electric shock, eye and soft tissue injuries, drowning/ near drowning, head, chest and abdominal injuries, extremes of temperature
- Administer first aid for venomous bites and stings and allergic reactions
- Administer first aid for spinal injuries and fractures
- Determine principles for the assessment and movement of the sick and injured and First Aid recording requirements
- Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a first aider
- Determine first aid facilities and training requirements
- Operation of an AED
Accreditation Code: CRTO20001-8, 20011-12
Group 1: 12.00
Group 2: 24.00
This activity has been accredited for 12 hours of Group 1 CPD (or 12 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which can be converted to 12 hours of Group 2 CPD (or 24 CPD credits) upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities.
Competency Standards (2016)
1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 3.6, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.7, 5.3