Immunisation update for pharmacists 2017 (non-members)Back to previous page
php echo wp_list_categories(); ?>
The immunisation update for pharmacists 2017 provides pharmacist immunisers with current and relevant information to ensure that they are prepared to commence vaccinating patients for the upcoming flu season.
After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the influenza disease
- Describe the differences between trivalent and quadrivalent vaccinations
- Discuss why annual influenza vaccination is required
- Discuss dosing considerations when administering adrenaline (epinephrine) for an anaphylactic reaction
- Demonstrate knowledge of adverse event reporting.
Competencies standards (2010) addressed: 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, 2.6.1, 3.1.3, 3.4.1, 3.4.2, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 6.1.1, 6.1.2, 6.1.3, 6.2.1, 6.2.4, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 7.1.2, 7.2.1, 7.2.2.
PSA members – Free
Non-members – $80
If you are a PSA member click here for one click enrolment option. (Login required)
Accreditation number: CP17001
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group 1 CPD suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. Up to 1 hour of Group 1 activity may be converted to Group 2 (or 2 CPD credits) upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities.
This item is listed in the following categories: • Public CPD