Sleep Apnoea Services for Pharmacists – Training ProgramBack to previous page
php echo wp_list_categories(); ?>
Sleep Apnoea Services for Pharmacists Training Program
Accreditation number: CONL1727
This activity has been accredited for 8 hours of Group 1 CPD (or 8 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan, which can be converted to 8 hours of Group 2 CPD (or 16 CPD credits) upon successful completion of relevant assessment activities.
Course costMember $605 (inc GST) Non-member $907.50 (inc GST) This will provide:
- Access to 3 x online education modules
- Attendance at a face-to-face workshop.
Module 1After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- Define the stages of sleep, sleep architecture and sleep stage duration
- Describe obstructive sleep apnoea and the associated physiological variables that may contribute to upper airway obstruction during sleep
- Recognise the link between sleep apnoea and other health factors and driver safety.
Module 2After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- Discuss sleep questionnaires and scales used to assess general level of sleepiness
- Evaluate the different types of sleep studies; their advantages and limitations
- Describe the role of the pharmacist in providing sleep apnoea services.
Module 3After completing this activity, pharmacists should be able to:
- Define the role of the pharmacist in managing sleep and when to refer patients
- Recognise the risk factors for obstructive sleep apnoea
- Describe the treatment for obstructive sleep apnoea including the use of continuous positive airway pressure treatment.
WorkshopPSA and ASA are actively planning the first face-to-face workshops for the first half of 2018 with dates to be confirmed shortly. To register your interest, contact email@example.com
After attending this workshop, pharmacists should be able to:
- Discover what happens to a patient when they are enrolled in a sleep clinic and differentiate between the types of sleep studies
- Recognise and experiment with the variety of continuous positive airway pressure hardware
- Discuss models of care available for sleep apnoea patients.
Refund and cancellation policy for events
- A minimum number of registrants must be achieved for each workshop. Therefore it is possible that a workshop may not proceed if the minimum number is not achieved.
- Cancellations received up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will be transferred to a similar workshop (delivered either face to face or in an appropriate format) within the same calendar year.
- If you do not cancel and do not attend you are subject to an administration fee of $100 (GST inclusive) to transfer to a similar workshop.
This module has been developed as a collaboration between PSA and the Australian Sleep Association.
This item is listed in the following categories: • Public CPD