Updated information regarding the Novel Coronavirus
The Australian Government Department of Health has updated advice for health workers regarding the novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China (2019-nCoV).
Information on the Use of Surgical Masks
Surgical masks in the community are only helpful in preventing people who are infected with coronavirus from spreading it to others. If you are well, you do not need to wear a surgical mask as there is little evidence supporting the widespread use of surgical masks in healthy people to prevent transmission in public.
View the fact sheet on wearing surgical masks and preventing the spread of coronavirus.
A collection of videos below outlines resources for pharmacists about the novel coronavirus:
- Symptoms of the novel coronavirus for Pharmacists
- Infection control measures for Pharmacists dealing with coronavirus
- What environmental control measures should Pharmacists take?
- How can Pharmacists protect from coronavirus?
- Advice for Pharmacists on treatment for novel coronavirus?
Further information and resources can be found on the Department of Health website.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]