Intern Training Program
Next level intern training
Enrol in Australia’s most comprehensive and popular Intern Training Program. Delivered by the peak body for pharmacists – we know what it takes to be a successful pharmacy intern. We ensure you get everything you need to succeed, it’s as simple as that. Our ITP is a smooth transition to get you prepared for your best career.
- Is flexible – we can work around your busy schedule
- Gets you career-ready, regardless of practice setting
- Offers extensive support and exam preparation from our training team
- Offers flexible payment options
- Is the only program to offer a Graduate Certificate in Applied Pharmacy Practice 10797NAT, at no extra cost
- Is Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) accredited
- Meets the high standards required of training as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
Plus FREE PSA membership
Giving you more support and education resources including:
- Access to our pharmacist to pharmacist phone advice line
- Receive complimentary PSA Professional Indemnity Member Insurance.
- PSA’s CPD and CPD planning tool with everything you need to help you meet your annual CPD requirements
- Subscription to the award-winning Australian Pharmacist journal with extra CPD activities
- Free or member-discounted PSA events and networking opportunities
- Member discounts on exam textbooks including the APF
The PSA Intern Training Program includes:
- A range of assignments. Designed to apply your clinical knowledge to practice and optimise patient care
- Face-to-face workshops (two 2-day workshops) to take your practice to the next level
- Preparation for the Pharmacy Board exams
- Tailored support from our training team
- Access to expert facilitators through online discussion forums
- Free access to eMIMS and Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG)
- Access to Self Care™ resources
- Free immunisation training
- The opportunity to become the PSA MIMS Intern Pharmacist of the Year. The winner receives an education grant for any career development course up to $5000. Plus a trip to the PSA National Conference, including airfares, accommodation, and transfers.
Plus support to help you meet the Pharmacy Board of Australia requirements with access to our CPD planning tool and range of CPD.
“PSA Intern Training Program was recommended to me by my colleague at work. I must say the flexibility and support I got through the training helped me a lot.”
Bridget Oboh WA, PSA Intern 2020
Our program is delivered by our Registered Training Organisation (RTO code 122206) and is required to meet and maintain high standards by:
- Designing our course to specifically meet the needs of pharmacists and pharmacy practice
- Being regularly audited to maintain standards
- Aligning with Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
- Adhering to a quality review process for assessments and assessment judgments
- Engaging regularly with pharmacists and the pharmacy community to ensure our program is delivering the most up to date content
- Allowing interns to provide valuable feedback about the course structure, content and delivery
- Adapting to the change workforce and learning environment to ensure we are leaders in flexible training
Throughout your pharmacy internship, PSA also supports your preceptor, with:
- FREE Preceptor Training Course
- Up-to-date information
- Preceptor Resource Portal
- Six preceptor-led full practice Oral Exams
- Single payment – 1 x $2,034 via Credit/Debit Card
- Six monthly installments – 6 x $339 via Direct Debit
*Rural interns maybe eligible to claim travel costs for exams and workshops. Refer to the Rural Intern Training Allowance for more details.
Taking you to the next level
Upon the successful completion you can choose to continue completion of:
PSA Intern Training Program flyer
The following flyer provides information on the PSA Intern Training Program.
The following resources provide support and details on your internship and requirements.