Intern Training Program
Start your career in the real world
New for 2019 – Immunisation training for all PSA Interns at no additional cost
PSA offers the only Intern Training Program that gives you a post-graduate qualification upon completion without any extra study or costs.
You also have the option to complete the PSA immunisation training at no extra charge*
The PSA Intern Training Program is presented by local, practicing pharmacists. Our quality program is designed to:
- Help you pass your exams so that you are career ready
- Prepare you for any career regardless of practice setting
- Offer extensive support from training officers, so you always have someone to turn to when you come across challenges
- Be flexible to fit your work and life commitments.
The PSA Intern Training Program is the only program delivered by an organisation with peak body status, supporting all pharmacists in all practice settings.
We encourage you to contact a local training officer on 1300 369 772 to discuss your training and career needs, and choose an intern training program that is right for you.
*Timing of delivery of immunisation training will be based on jurisdictional requirements.
More reasons to enrol in the PSA Intern Training Program:
Upon the completion of your PSA Intern Training Program, you can continue on to the:
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Pharmacy Practice (10737NAT), or
- Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51915)
- Complete units of two postgraduate qualifications – the nationally accredited Graduate Diploma of Applied Pharmacy Practice and Diploma of Leadership and Management.
- Workshops tailored to enhance your preparation for Pharmacy Board written and oral exams.
- Written exam preparation modules online with instant feedback, and preceptor-led oral exam preparation activities
- Tailored support from a local training officer.
- Access to expert facilitators through online discussion forums.
- Modules structured into “time-chunks” that can fit busy schedules.
- Single payment – 1 x $1,950 via Credit/Debit Card
- Six monthly instalments – 6 x $325 via Direct Debit
- PSA online short course catalogue and CPD programs – learn anywhere, anytime
- Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG)