Intern Training Program
Next level intern training
Enrol in Australia’s most comprehensive and popular Intern Training Program, delivered by the peak body for pharmacists.
PSA has the only program that awards a Graduate Certificate in Applied Pharmacy Practice (10797NAT) upon completion.
PSA’s Intern Training Program gets you career-ready regardless of practice setting.
New in 2020 – includes PSA membership so you can access the educational resources you need for your career in pharmacy.
FREE graduate membership from Australia’s peak body for ALL pharmacists gives you access to next level support while you complete your pharmacy studies.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts on required text for pharmacists
- Free or discounted access to educational events and conferences
- Opportunities to meet fellow pharmacy students as well as experienced members
- Online support using forums and our closed Facebook group
- Access to highly regarded educational resources:
– The largest catalogue of Australian pharmacist CPD
– Subscription to the Australian Pharmacist Journal
- Affiliation with the peak national body for all Australian pharmacists.
- Is the most comprehensive and popular in Australia
- Is flexible and innovative – we can work around your busy schedule
- Gets you career ready, regardless of practice setting
- Offers extensive support from our training officers and exam preparation
- Offers flexible payment options
- Is the only program to offer a Graduate Certificate that opens doors
- Is Australian Pharmacy Council accredited, audited every 3 years
…and now includes membership so you can access all the education resources that you need, like CPD.
PSA also offers you the option to complete the PSA immunisation training at no extra charge*
PSA Intern Training program includes:
- Range of assignments designed to apply your clinical knowledge to practice and optimise patient care
- Face-to-face workshops (two 2-day workshops) to take your practice to the next level
- Leadership and management essentials
- Preparation for the Pharmacy Board exams
- Tailored support from local training officers
- Access to expert facilitators through online discussion forums
- FREE PSA graduate membership including all member benefits
- Access to online CPD catalogue & CPD planning tool
- Free access to eMIMS and Therapeutic Guidelines (eTG)
- Access to self-care resources
- Immunisation training
Plus the Pharmacy Board of Australia requirements:
- CPD requirements
- PBA extemporaneous assessment
- Senior first aid certificate
Get preceptor support
PSA is dedicated to helping your preceptor, as well as you through your internship:
- FREE Preceptor Training Course
- Up-to-date information
- Preceptor Resource Portal
- Six preceptor-led full practice Oral Exams
- Single payment – 1 x $1,992 via Credit/Debit Card
- Six monthly instalments – 6 x $332 via Direct Debit
* You may be eligible for rural assistance through the Rural Intern Training Allowance.
Taking you to the next level
Upon the successful completion of your PSA Intern Training Program, you can choose to continue completion of:
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Pharmacy Practice (10737NAT), or
- Diploma of Leadership and Management (BSB51918)