These guidelines provide advice to pharmacists on process issues, desired behaviours, and how they may best fulfill their duties and responsibilities. They are not definitive statements of correct procedure.
A document prepared by PSA and Aspen to fulfil the requirements set out through the Administrative Appeals Tribunal decision on 12 September 2013 in relation to the prescribing and dispensing of dextropropoxyphene- containing products.
- Home Medicines Review services
- Residential Medication Management Review and Quality Use of Medicines services
This guidance document is designed to help ensure that pharmacists and consumers can confidently, and with understanding of known risks, use the internet and social media in disseminating and receiving information about health and health-care issues.
The National eHealth Record System Guidelines (formally known as the Personally Controlled eHealth Record or PCEHR) provide advice and guidance to assist pharmacists to meet their professional responsibilities, exercise professional judgement in individual circumstances and manage risks associated with using the eHealth record system.
- Guidance for provision of S3 medications
- Dose Administration Aids Program
- Concordance assessments (March 1999)
- Patient medication profile program
- Consumer medicine information and the pharmacist
- Providing medicines information to patients (July 1996)
- PBS brand substitution (July 2004)
- Employment of other health practitioners in pharmacy (March 2000)
- Managing pharmacy systems for quality and safety (November 2002)
- Services to people with impaired vision (March 1999)
- Providing opioid pharmacotherapy services (July 2004)
- Providing opioid pharmacotherapy services – sample agreement form (Word format)
- Pharmacists’ relationship with the pharmaceutical industry (July 2002)
- Dispensing practice guidelines