Since Monday 14 December 2020, the Direction no longer mandates the use of masks in pharmacies for patients, pharmacists and staff. The current Direction details can be found here.
The use of face masks by pharmacists and pharmacy staff remains recommended
SA Health has also published FAQs on mandatory mask use in health care settings, which is available here.
SA Health has also published information on mandatory mask use in health care settings, including information, resources and FAQs. These can be accessed below:
Keeping safe and well during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Residential Aged Care Facilities No 3 (COVID-19) Direction
- Supply of medicines using an image based prescription – Health Professionals factsheet (16 Apr 2020)
- COVID-19 Guiding Principles – Maintaining Immunisation Services (6 Apr 2020)
- Access to medicines during COVID 19 – Consumer factsheet (3 Apr 2020)
- SA Government extends emergency dispensing for pharmacists (1 Apr 2020)
- Hydroxychloroquine: an urgent quality use of medicines issue (24 Mar 2020)
- Antivirals and COVID-19: the evidence to date (24 Mar 2020)
- Community Pharmacy COVID-19 preparedness update (25 Mar 2020)
Doctors and diagnostic laboratories are required to notify the Communicable Disease Control Branch Medical Officer on call of any suspected cases on 1300 232 272 (24 hours 7 days per week).