PSA Payment Tokens
Terms and Conditions
“PSA payment token” means one of the following digital tokens issued by us to you:
- PSA tokens used to access a discount granted by PSA on a PSA product or service such as a textbook or workshop, supplied as part of a temporary marketing promotion or as part of an employee reward scheme (“Discount token“); or
- PSA tokens used as a credit note granted by PSA, such as when a product is exchanged for change of mind (“Credit note token“); and
1. PSA tokens used to pre-pay for a particular PSA good or service, that is available for a limited period of time. For example, a 12 month APF subscription or a workshop registration (“Pre-pay token“).
“Website” means www.psa.org.au.
References to “we, us, our” in these terms and conditions refer to the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) ACN 008 532 072.
References to “you” or “your” is a reference to the person who is in possession of the PSA payment token at the relevant time for the purposes of these terms and conditions, or who authorises another person to do something with or to the token on their behalf.
2. These terms and conditions apply to each PSA payment token. By activating, using or attempting to use the PSA payment token you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions of this agreement and warrant to us that you will not use the PSA payment token in any manner that is unlawful, misleading, deceptive, unfair or otherwise harmful to consumers.
4. If you permit another person to use a PSA payment token, you must ensure that he or she is aware of these terms and conditions that apply to the PSA payment token and the relevant expiry date.
Expiry of token
5. Discount tokens last for 1 year and will expire twelve months after the date of issue as indicated on the token unless otherwise shown on the screen confirmation as part of the marketing campaign directly to customers. The expiry date for a Discount token may be less than twelve months depending on the nature of the marketing campaign, for example, where the discount applies to a good or service that is only available for a specified period (for example, attendance at an event with a specific date).
6. Credit note tokens last for 3 years and will expire 36 months after the date of issue as indicated on the token. The expiry date for a Credit note token may be less than 3 years where the token applies to a good or service that is only available for a specified period (for example, attendance at an event with a specific date).
7. Pre-pay tokens last for 1 year and will expire twelve months after the date of issue as indicated on the token unless otherwise shown on the email confirmation received with the pre-pay tokens.
After the PSA payment token has expired, it is no longer valid and attempts to use the PSA payment token will be declined. Except in relation to Non-excludable Consumer Obligations (see clause 13), and otherwise to the extent permitted by law, any unused value may not be refunded and may become our property.
Provision of PSA Payment Tokens
8. PSA payment tokens can be obtained from the following means:
1. provided directly by PSA via email; or
2. offered in conjunction with a PSA-managed marketing campaign, direct to customers, including members; or
3. in relation to Pre-pay tokens only, your Pre-pay token can be purchased directly from PSA on the Website if the purchase amount is less than $2,500. You must pay for the Pre-pay token by a payment method specified on the Website. In relation to Pre-pay token purchases more than $2,500, you must contact PSA on 1300 369 772 (during AEST business hours) to be directed to a staff member who can assist with your Pre-pay token(s); provision of your tokens via email will be provided after payment is received ;
and will be activated following security confirmation.
Redeeming PSA Payment Tokens
9. Unless otherwise specified, PSA payment tokens may be used toward a purchase of any PSA product or service offered on the Website. Where specified, some PSA payment tokens may be limited to use on specific products or services, which will be specified on the token confirmation email. For example, a PSA payment token provided to support registration for an immunisation workshop only cannot be used to purchase a textbook from PSA’s online bookshop.
10. PSA payment tokens are only redeemable at the Website. The PSA payment token’s unique code must be applied to the field called coupon code on the PSA shopping cart during the check-out process on the Website.
11. Except in relation to Non-excludable Consumer Obligations (see clause 13), PSA payment tokens cannot be redeemed for cash, cannot be used for cash equivalent transactions (such as bill payments, purchase of financial products or foreign currency, or gambling transactions), reloaded , returned for a refund or consolidated with the balance of another PSA payment token. If you attempt to do one of these things, we may, to the extent permitted by law, elect to cancel a PSA payment token or block such a transaction. PSA payment tokens are not legal tender, account cards, credit or debit cards or securities. Where the price of the product being purchased with the PSA payment token exceeds the value of the PSA payment token, you must pay the amount exceeding the value of the PSA payment token by an alternative payment method as specified on the Website.
Lost or stolen PSA Payment Tokens
12. You must keep your PSA payment token (and its unique code) secure and treat this like cash. The PSA payment token will not be replaced if it is lost or stolen. If your PSA payment token is lost, stolen or you suspect an unauthorised transaction, immediately report this by calling PSA member services on 1300 369 772 (during AEST business hours).
Exclusions and limitations
13. Consumers have certain rights and remedies (including, without limitation, consumer guarantee rights) under the Australian Consumer Law that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions operates to exclude, restrict or modify the application of any provision, condition or warranty, the exercise of any right or remedy, or the imposition of any liability, implied or conferred under the Australian Consumer Law or any other statute, where to do so would contravene that statute, or cause any part of these Terms and Conditions to be void (Non-excludable Consumer Obligations).
14. Except in relation to Non-excludable Consumer Obligations, and otherwise to the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom or the common law that impose any liability or obligation on PSA are excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
15. Except in relation to Non-excludable Consumer Obligations, and otherwise to the extent permitted by law, PSA will have no liability for lost or stolen PSA payment tokens. We may, but are not obliged to, replace a lost or stolen PSA payment token. Any replacement PSA payment token will have the same unused value (at the time of replacement) and expiry date.
16. If you have a query or complaint about the PSA payment token, please raise it through any of our contact channels by calling PSA member services on 1300 369 772 (during AEST business hours) or by contacting your direct contact at PSA.
17. We may cancel the PSA payment token scheme, for any reason at any time by providing reasonable notice to you. If we do so, we will honour any PSA payment token issued prior to the cancellation of the scheme up until the PSA payment token’s specified expiry date.
18. We may cancel any PSA payment token for any reason at any time by providing reasonable notice to you. If we do so, we will either provide a refund or a replacement PSA payment token of equivalent value (for example, to be used for a different event) unless we have cancelled the PSA payment token due to your misuse or reasonably suspected fraud. In the event of cancellation, the PSA payment token remains our property.
Amendments to terms and conditions
19. We can vary or replace these terms and conditions from time to time by providing reasonable notice to you and updating these terms and conditions on the Website.
20. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Australian Capital Territory.