- [wpfilebase tag=file path='guidelines/levonorgestrel-protocol.pdf']
- [wpfilebase tag=file path='guidelines/emergency-contraception-checklist.pdf']
- [wpfilebase tag=file path='guidelines/emergency-contraception-information-leaflet.pdf']
- [wpfilebase tag=file path='guidelines/sh-and-fpa-contacts.pdf']
Professional practice standards
Professional practice standards are about the systems and procedures which registered pharmacists need to deliver a quality service to all Australians.
The standards cover a wide range of topics including counselling, compounding and disease state management.
- Professional Practice Standards Version 4, 2010
- Standard and guidelines for pharmacists providing a staged supply service – March 2011
- Standard and guidelines for pharmacists performing clinical interventions – March 2011
- Standards for the Provision of Pharmacy Medicines and Pharmacist Only Medicines Community Pharmacy [3.2 Mb PDF] – Revised, November 2005
Veterans’ MATES therapeutic Topic 30 is now available on the secure web site.
Know your patient’s renal function – an important prescribing consideration, discusses medicines that may require renal function monitoring in the general practice setting and highlights the need to assess renal function when prescribing these medicines, especially for older people or for those with diabetes.
Information on this topic and previous topics is available at www.veteransmates.net.au.
The following document has now been superseded, and is provided for reference only:
Professional Practice Standards V3 (7.5 MiB) Acrobat (pdf) file