Australian Capital Territory COVID-19 updates
This page contains the latest updates and information for pharmacists in Australian Capital Territory.
For nationally relevant information visit PSA’s dedicated COVID-19 web page.
- Medicines Matters – Information for health professionals during COVID-19
- Letter to ACT practitioners
- ACT CHO standing order for supply of medicines during a public health emergency (medicines substitution)
- Telehealth prescribing in ACT (24 Apr 2020)
- COVID-19: updated information for pharmacists (23 Apr 2020)
- ACT Government extend emergency dispensing for pharmacists (3 Apr 2020)
The ACT Health, in partnership with local groups including PSA, has developed a range of documents outlining processes for providing Opioid Maintenance Treatment to clients in compulsory isolation/quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Advice moderates existing OMT policy and provides guidance and useful resources including:
- Specific information for pharmacists/nurses
- A broader guidance document
- Information and consent documents for people acting as agents to deliver OMT
- Template forms to use for OMT dose collection/delivery
- Delivery procedure document.
If you have any questions about managing OMT for your patient during the COVID-19 emergency, please contact the Health Protection Service 02 5124 9208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contingency Planning Guidelines: For Individuals using Opioid Maintenance Treatment (OMT) during COVID-19 Response
- OMT dose delivery during COVID-19 isolation or quarantine: Information for community pharmacists and ADS nursing staff
- OMT dose delivery during COVID-19 isolation or quarantine: Information for patients
- OMT dose delivery during COVID-19 isolation or quarantine: Information for agents
- OMT Home Delivery during COVID-19 isolation Procedure
- Consent to act as an agent delivering OMT (sample form)
- OMT Collection Form (sample form)
- OMT Delivery Form (sample form)
ACT Health Communicable Disease Control (CDC) Section, can be contacted 02 5124 9213 during business hours, or 0409 185 412 after hours.
There is no requirement to notify CDC of patients who are undergoing COVID-19 testing. However, clinicians are welcome to discuss any case with CDC at any time.
The ACT Respiratory Assessment Clinics are located at:
The Weston Creek Walk-in Centre (24 Parkinson St, Weston). Open 7:30 am – 10:00 pm daily, including public holidays. Please ensure you use a mask and hand sanitiser available at the front door.
The Drive Through Respiratory Assessment Clinic at Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC, Flemington Rd & Northbourne Ave, Mitchell). Open 9:30 am – 6:00 pm daily (last car accepted at 5pm), including public holidays. You must be driving or a passenger in a registered motor vehicle or motorbike to attend this clinic. It cannot be accessed from public transport or on foot.