Greater Brisbane is currently under enhanced restrictions following detection of COVID-19 hotel quarantine leakage.
The following local government areas in greater Brisbane are affected:
- Moreton Bay
People who have been in these local council since 2 January 2021 areas also need to adhere to these restrictions.
Masks must be worn in indoor locations (except seated hospitality patrons and physically distanced office staff) and public transport.
Masks must be carried at all times.
Pharmacists, pharmacy staff, patients and their carers must continue to wear masks at all times.
Masks do not need to be worn while exercising outdoors, for hospitality patrons or in a private vehicle
Masks are not required to be worn when outdoors at a safe distance from other people
Hospitality must adhere to 4m.sq rule
Private gatherings limited to 20 people
- Restrictions on visits to hospitals, aged care, disability accommodation and prisons remain.
Queensland Health has published information on restrictions, and FAQs on their website.
Key points for pharmacists:
- The Health Minister Yvette D’Ath has actively discouraged stockpiling of masks. PSA recommends pharmacist limit supply to quantities which will be adequate for people and their families to get through the lockdown period.
- All pharmacists, pharmacy staff and patients must wear masks.
- Continue to adhere to medicine supply limits
- Direct anyone with possible COVID-19 symptoms, or people who have been to exposures sites to COVID-19 testing centres and isolate until they receive their results
- Actively communicate these restrictions to patients, colleagues, family and friends – including via social media.
PSA will continue to keep members updated via the PSA Early Career Pharmacist Facebook group. Members can contact our team via phone on 1300 369 772 (available until 7.00pm (Qld) weeknights) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Face masks required in Greater Brisbane
Until 22 January 2021, all pharmacists and pharmacy staff in the greater Brisbane region must:
- Wear a surgical mask whilst at work
- Wear eye protection when within 1.5m of patients (see below).
This is also a requirement for people who have been in greater Brisbane since 2 January 2021.
UPDATE 8 January 2021 – The Queensland Government has announced a 3 day lockdown for Greater Brisbane. Information on the restrictions available here.
- Letter to Pharmacist – PPE precautions for all patient interactions (24 August 2020)
- PPE risk and escalation advice (24 August 2020)
- Prescribing, Dispensing or Supply of Hydroxychloroquine Direction (15 April 2020)
- Fact sheet: Prescribing and Dispensing Hydroxychloroquine Direction (15 April 2020)
- Community pharmacy – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (Queensland Health)
- Increasing presentations, vulnerable staff, coronial reporting (Queensland Health)
- Maximise preparedness, mobile phones, testing criteria update (Queensland Health)
QLD Health has published information and advice for Queensland Opioid Treatment Program providers to support them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Access the fact sheet containing key information and actions for consideration to assist pharmacists in maintaining the care of patients receiving treatment here.
General information on the Queensland Opioid Treatment Program can be accessed here.
Fever clinics are specialist clinics for people who may be infected with novel coronavirus (COVID-19). These clinics help to keep people who may be contagious away from other areas of hospitals and health centres. This helps to reduce the potential spread of the virus and keeps the emergency department available for emergencies.
Queensland fever clinics are managed by each individual Hospital and Health Services (HHS). GPs should check their local HHS website for details and opening times of the fever clinics in their local area.
|Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast||(07) 5456 email@example.com||www.ourphn.org.au|
|Gold Coast||07 5635 firstname.lastname@example.org||www.healthygc.com.au|
|Western Queensland||07 4573 email@example.com||www.wqphn.com.au|
|Darling Downs and West Moreton||07 4615 firstname.lastname@example.org||www.ddwmphn.com.au|
|Northern Queensland||07 4034 email@example.com||www.primaryhealth.com.au|
|Brisbane North||07 3630 firstname.lastname@example.org||www.brisbanenorthphn.org.au|
|Brisbane South||1300 467 email@example.com||www.bsphn.org.au|