Pharmacists protected over 2 million members of the community from the flu in 2019*.
Are you an immuniser?
Become a pharmacist immuniser with the leaders in immunisation training
As custodians of the immunisation practice guidelines, completing your training with PSA ensures that you are well prepared to meet practice standards and deliver successful immunisation services. PSA continually optimises its high quality program to enhance your training experience. Whether you are looking to start immunising, or to maintain your competency, PSA has everything you need.
PSA has trained more pharmacist immunisers across Australia than any other training providers.
PSA Immunisation Training (APPIMM806 – Manage the delivery and administration of injections and immunisations)
PSA’s Immunisation Training is suitable for pharmacists who wish to become pharmacist immunisers.
This training is delivered via a blended mode, including:
- a series of interactive online modules to provide knowledge that prepares you for high quality and safe immunisation practice
- a face-to-face practical workshop to consolidate your learnings through simulated experience
Check for available training dates in your state/territory here.
Click on your state/territory below to enrol now.
PSA Immunisation Refresher Training
Pharmacist are required by the Pharmacy Board to continue ongoing CPD learning to maintain competencies in the role they perform and the services they provide.
Immunisation is a constantly evolving area of pharmacy practice. It is important for pharmacist immunisers to keep up to date or expand knowledge and skills, to continue delivering a person-centred, high quality and safe immunisation service.
This Immunisation Refresher Training is a new enhanced ‘one stop shop’ for pharmacist immunisers in all states and territories, where you can refresh your skills and knowledge in all areas of your immunisation practice.
Immunisation Refresher Online Course
A series of self-paced online modules, designed to refresh your immunisation knowledge or skills – whether you are transitioning to move interstate, stepping up in your role or simply needing to update yourself, given the constant changes in the immunisation field.
This immunisation refresher package contains:
- Annual Immunisation Update – to be available from March 2021
- State-specific regulatory overview
- Implementing an immunisation service
Immunisation Practical Refresher Workshop
PSA Immunisation Practical Refresher Workshop (face-to-face) is designed to update your practical competencies, techniques and skills, required to deliver immunisation services.
For Queensland, pharmacist immunisers must ensure that they undertake yearly CPD in the area of immunisation, to ensure they are up to date in their practice.
- Where the time elapsed since initial practical training is more than 12 months and where a pharmacist has not administered at least two (2) vaccines in the preceding 12 months via either the intramuscular or subcutaneous routes, practical refreshment of the unpractised injection techniques (intramuscular, subcutaneous or both) must be undertaken as part of CPD.
- In monitoring compliance with this QPV standard, officers authorised under the Queensland Health Act 1937 may request evidence that CPD requirements are met and that first aid, CPR and anaphylaxis qualifications are current.
For other states and territories, please contact email@example.com for upcoming Immunisation Practical Refresher Workshops.
Immunisation Update for Pharmacists 2020
This online module with assessment includes the current updates on the composition, changes and recommendations for 2020 influenza vaccine. It also discusses measles and shoulder injury related to vaccine administration.
Immunisation Additional Resources
Visit the Knowledge Base and Resources page for additional immunisation resources.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pharmacists
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pharmacists may be eligible for funding and support for education and training through a study assistance program (e.g. ABSTUDY). For more information please refer to this webpage.
*AJP Daily 30/10/2019
Advanced Stage Training
Advanced workshops are being offered across Australia to support your work in general practice and individual professional development needs.
Workshops will cover both clinical and non-clinical topics. For further information or to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org