The Early Career Pharmacists CSI (formerly the ECPWG) was established both nationally and in each state branch early in 2009 to support pharmacists in the early stages of their career. It represents students, interns and registered pharmacists with up to 10 years of experience.
Early Career Pharmacists CSI
Our CSI Chair
Ayomide Ogundipe BPharm, GradCertAppPharmPract, AFHEA, MPS
Ayomide (Mide) Ogundipe is a researcher and community pharmacist based in Perth, Western Australia. Having worked in community, hospital, teaching, research, policy and advocacy, she brings a unique perspective as an early career pharmacist. Mide is currently completing a Doctor of Philosophy at Curtin Medical School in Western Australia.
Mide is passionate about digital health transformation, early career pharmacists and fostering networking and mentoring among the next generation of pharmacists.
Mide looks forward to engaging with early career pharmacists to drive collaboration and innovation in supporting pharmacists throughout their careers as part of the organisation and profession.
Why join the CSI-ECP?
The purpose of the Early Career Pharmacists CSI group is to provide strong representation from early career pharmacists to PSA and ensure that ECPs are recognised as crucial stakeholders in the Australian pharmacy sector. The CSI-ECP seeks to identify and categorise areas of significant importance to early-career pharmacists. To propose solutions, provide data, develop insights and assist with testing to address the current strategic gaps.
In particular, the ECP CSI will:
- Provide an Early Career Pharmacist perspective to the PSA National Board and senior management on a variety of issues.
- Facilitate succession planning via opportunities for ECP participation on the PSA National Board, National Board sub-committees, and Branch Committees.
- Identify the needs of ECPs in relation to professional development, practice support and advocacy, and advise PSA on how to address these needs.
- Facilitate programs and activities that aim to improve professional satisfaction for early career pharmacists.
- Provide strong representation and leadership on issues of importance to early career pharmacists.
- Our foremost goal for this forum is to create a safe environment for Early Career Pharmacists to discuss relevant topics and seek guidance when needed.