The Early Career Pharmacists CSI (formerly the ECPWG) was established both nationally and in each state branch early in 2009 to support pharmacists in the early stages of their career. It represents students, interns and registered pharmacists with up to 10 years of experience.
Early Career Pharmacists CSI
Our CSI Chair
Deanna Mill BPharm (Hons) GradCertAppPharmPrac MSHP MPS
Deanna Mill has acquired a unique breadth of skills and experience, having worked in rural, metropolitan, hospital, community, teaching and research settings. In addition to her comprehensive pharmacy experience, Ms Mill is also currently completing a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at the University of Western Australia.
Deanna is interested in behaviour change, systems and professionalism in pharmacy and hopes to assist the PSA to facilitate changes necessary for expanding remuneration, roles and pharmacist contribution to an ever-changing health landscape.
Deanna looks forward to the opportunity to engage with members in proficient organisational strategy and planning, critical risk assessment and mitigation, and pragmatic approaches to problem-solving issues that affect the organisation and profession.
Our leadership group members
- Deanna Mill BPharm (Hons) GradCertAppPharmPrac MSHP MPS
- Mayli Foong BPharm MPS
- Lily Pham Pharm MPS
- Kate Wang BPharm PhD MPS
- Erin Cooper BPharm MPS
- James Buckley BPharm MPS
- Aaron Chan BPharm MPS
- Hannah Knowles BPharm MPS
- Jonathon Ertl MPS
Why join the CSI-ECP?
The purpose of the Early Career Pharmacists CSI group is to provide strong representation from early career pharmacists to PSA and ensure that ECPs are recognised as crucial stakeholders in the Australian pharmacy sector. The CSI-ECP seeks to identify and categorise areas of significant importance to early-career pharmacists. To propose solutions, provide data, develop insights and assist with testing to address the current strategic gaps.
In particular, the ECP CSI will:
- Provide an Early Career Pharmacist perspective to the PSA National Board and senior management on a variety of issues.
- Facilitate succession planning via opportunities for ECP participation on the PSA National Board, National Board sub-committees, and Branch Committees.
- Identify the needs of ECPs in relation to professional development, practice support and advocacy, and advise PSA on how to address these needs.
- Facilitate programs and activities that aim to improve professional satisfaction for early career pharmacists.
- Provide strong representation and leadership on issues of importance to early career pharmacists.
- Our foremost goal for this forum is to create a safe environment for Early Career Pharmacists to discuss relevant topics and seek guidance when needed.